Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mimp's Diary

Today was THE day!

From the moment I woke up I was walking on air! I was nervous tough because as the drummer in our band, the A5s, I wondered what would happen if I hit the wrong drum or something. What would the audience think? Would I ruin the whole performance? The show started at 10:00 and we had to practice and get ready so I had to be there at 8:30 or 9:00! Devoured my breakfast in ten minutes and got into my costume: a shirt with a waistcoat and jeans. I left at 8:15.

When I arrived at the open stage where the A5 band members and I would perform, I took a glance up towards the stage. It had my drum kit, (which had been delivered earlier), and a microphone where the lead singer (Nikki Lee) would sing. There were people rushing around carrying props and boom-boxes. My driver pulled up in my limousine where all my band members’ had parked their limousines. People came up to me to ask how I felt to perform in front of 150,000 people and I said I felt fine.

I spotted my friends in a group next to the stage talking to people about where to put the props and things. Weasle (electric guitarist) hadn’t arrived yet but a few minutes later her bright blue limousine parked next to the others and she got out and wandered over to us. Next was the practice. I was scared that I would do something that I couldn’t get right and then in the show it would go terribly wrong. But fortunately I was fine and didn’t do anything wrong. We had to go over the song about 5 times and we got quite tired after continuous practice.

Half an hour after our practice, the gates were opened onto and all the visitors poured out onto the grounds. They started cheering; pushing and shoving to get to the front. As for my band and I, we were feeling soo scared. Maybe we would be too tired after the practice and make a HUGE mistake.

The next thing I knew, I was taking a step up onto the stage. I walked on and as soon as the crowd caught sight of us on the stage, the just cheered and cheered. They didn’t stop. The lights were glaring down on us as Nikki started her speech. When she finished, she started pacing the stage. She threw her hand up in the air and burst into singing. I started to feel less nervous once I had been playing my drums for about a minute or so. We all went better than I thought! In fact, it went perfectly! I felt so relieved. I went home after a huge party feeling like a rock star should feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment